general information & rules
Wyoming Antelope Club
We are located at: 3700 126th Ave N, Clearwater, FL 33762
Range phone is: 727-573-3006 (During range hours)
Mail Membership Dues and All Correspondence to:
P.O. Box 22352 St. Petersburg, FL 33742-2352
From: The WAC Board of Directors
RE: WAC Membership Rates & Fees
Effective Date: November 1st, 2019
The Board of Directors has been working on a range modernization plan as we approach our fourth decade. Over the past few years, we have worked to increase the number of shooting bays and shore up older ones. With safety and added shooting discipline interests driving our modernization, we feel we have managed to strike the right balance between providing ample shooting opportunities with a safe environment that the whole family can participate in. We’re very proud of the Shooting Environment we’ve created; our current approach is to modernize the berms and make our facility one of the safer shooting ranges in the country.
We offer multiple public line ranges, numerous disciplines to test all levels of skill, and manage to do all of this within the city limits. And for the most part, we do all of this mostly with Volunteers, many of them members just like you. However, from time to time, we do need to hire professional help to make sure anything we build will be up to, or exceed current City Standards for Safety and, are well within municipal building codes. It goes without saying, this increases our operating costs substantially.
Effective Friday November 1st, we will no longer collect a daily public range fee for members, saving you and your family members $3.00/person every time you come and shoot on the public line. If you participate in a discipline, those fees will remain in place, as will the daily guest fee of $20/day on the public line. Our Annual Membership Fee will increase to $200.00 per year. As with our current structure, Associate Members are included and children can use the Public Line free of charge when accompanied by an Adult.
Our newly automated online Membership portal located within the Secure WAC Website is constantly being refined and tested; we think we’ve managed to free ourselves of most of the gremlins. Over the next few months, we’ll be adding an advanced QR-Code to all your Membership cards, this will be linked electronically, in real-time, to your membership account and will give you easier access to the public ranges. The RO’s will have a scanner at the Range Shack Entrance and we may add another scanner at the Club House to help us keep track of meeting attendees and work party members. The long-term goal is to do away with the membership cards you receive in the mail and have you use a ‘Virtual Card’ on your Smart Phone, this is a long-term goal that we’ll take as slowly or as fast as our membership permits as always, we will offer an option for an actual membership card. FYI: In 2018, the Board of Directors issued a security requirement that all members must have their likeness portrayed on their membership card; if you haven’t sent in a clear headshot or your membership card does not have your picture on it, we will need a good picture of you and we’ll print you a new card. Member pictures can be sent via email to the email@example.com.
We trust that you will continue to support us and our efforts to provide a safe and fun shooting environment within the city limits; the Wyoming Antelope Club (WAC) is truly a gem and we look forward to serving you and your families for years to come.
If you are reading this, then you can see that we’ve built a new WAC website; this site is designed to automate the membership process and keep up with the ever evolving technology. We have moved away from the older ‘Mailed Renewal Card’ system to this new website, which features an online integrated membership system. We encourage all WAC Members to renew online using this website if at all possible. If you were a WAC member on or before March 2018, we’ve already created a record for you on this website. To access your account online, you’ll need to Log In using your Email and establish a new Password (we were able to export most records but NOT Your Passwords!).
Alternatively, you may mail or drop off your renewal to the range shack and we will manually renew your membership.
Please note: Manual Renewals can take upwards of 8 weeks to fully process.Â
- If you tried to access your account by entering in your Email and got a message that states: No Record Exist, that simply means that we do not have your current Email address attached to your records.
- If you have an Associate Member attached to your membership, they now have their own dedicated account. They will also need to contact us to get their Email straightened out so they can access their account.
- Current WAC Members
- We strongly recommend that all renewals be handled online
- Simply select the Membership Renewal option and select how you wish to pay this is a fully automated system designed to give you greater control over your membership
- The system was designed with the idea that you use a Credit Card on the secure checkout page, however, you may opt to complete your renewal and select ‘Pay By Check’ during the checkout process.
- If you Pay by Credit Card – your membership is immediately renewed and you can print your new membership card directly from the website
- If you select the ‘Check’ option, your Renewal will be placed on hold until we receive your check (either by mail or simply drop it off at the Range Shack on the Public Line)
- If you Pay by Check (but renew on this website) – it may 2-4 weeks to fully process your renewal and send you a new card
- As a Full Member, you can Assign/Designate an Associate Membership as your Spouse/Partner/Significant Other
- There is no cost for Associate Members, but they must go to the website and complete the online registration.
- Please note: EVERY member has their own, unique members page, regardless of membership level
- We strongly recommend that all renewals be handled online
- Membership Cards
- Our new system enables you to upload a picture of yourself and print your own membership card (complete with your beautiful picture)
- This facilitates entry to the public lines as the new cards also clearly detail your membership status and expiry date
- You can upload a picture when you set up or renew your membership account
- We’ll also help you accomplish this task – simply Email your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name and/or your membership number on the Email and we’ll get you updated
- We will never SELL, SHARE and/or DISTRIBUTE your personal information (including your Email Address with any 3rd party).
- We need your Email Address; this is required to accomplish 2 important things:
- Give you access to the new website (and control over your account), and,
- Communicate more efficiently with the members
If you manage a discipline and would like your information updated and/or scores posted, please send them directly to us at email@example.com and we’ll ensure it gets to the correct person and updated in a timely manner.