At the Wyoming Antelope Club we offer various types of 100 yard High power rifle competition matches. They range from fun shoots to NRA Approved events for the very serious competitor.
The High Power Program consists of 6 different matches
- NRA XTC High power rifle
- Any rifle/Any sight
- Sporter rifle
- Vintage Military
- Hunter’s fun match
NRA XTC High Power Rifle Schedule
All high power matches will be the 4th Sunday of the month. January through September with exception for April. April match will be held April 30.
500 Point WAC High Power, Non-Approved Matches
(*Additional Info Coming Soon)
- Eligibility: Open to all NRA classified competitors and qualified WAC members.
- Entry Fees:
- NRA Matches $20.00. NRA award points not accepted.
- WAC Matches $15.00 No awards will be given in club matches.
- Location: Wyoming Antelope Club dba Pinellas Shooting Range, 3700 126th Ave N, Pinellas Park, Fl.
- Squadding: Registration and target assignment begins at 0800 AM.
- Firing at 9:00.
- Classifications: The NRA classification system will be used.
- Rifle allowed: NRA Service Rifle Rule 3.1. NRA Match Rifle Rule 3.3 Metallic Sights only. Rule 3.3.2 NRA Any Sight Match Rifle/Tactical Rifle. All other rifles covered by NRA and CMP 2016 rule changes as introduced.
- Match and service scoped rifles and iron sight rifles will shoot as a combined class due to NRA rule clarification. Two classes. Match and Service.
- Ammunition: NRA Rule 3.17, provided by competitor.
- Targets: SR-1, SR-21, MR-31.
- Scoring: Competitors will walk and score targets. Competitors with physical limitations that need assistance should notify the Match Director in advance. Internal crossfires will be scored as misses.
Courses of Fire:
Awards: NRA sanctioned matches.
Awards will be given to the Overall High Service Rifle and Overall High Match Rifle winner and Aggregate class winner for classes with 3 or more entries. 3 competitors are required to make a class. Classes will be combined to make a class if necessary with exception of the High master class.
2nd and 3rd place awards will be given for classes that exceed 3 or 5 entries, respectively.
In any class with 3 or less entries and 1 competitor in that class is an Overall match winner, no other awards will be given in that class.
Awards: Club matches. None.
Additional Information: Empty chamber indicators are required and are available for $2.00 each. Due to range location, competitors are required to keep all fired rounds on their targets. Off target misses are justification for disqualification by the Match Director. In the case of disqualification from the match, any fees paid will not be refunded. Use of spotting scopes in all 4 matches that are capable of allowing shot holes to be seen are mandatory unless rifle is equipped with a magnification power that allows shot holes to be seen.
Please come with a 100yd zero.
For additional information or questions you have please contact the Match Director:
High Power / Match Director
WAC High Power Competition Range Certification Requirements:
The following requirements must be met to, hold a WAC High Power Rifle Discipline Certification Card, shoot from position and to have access to the High Power range.
- Show up with a positive attitude.
- Be willing to help as needed to maintain the high power range.
- Must be a current WAC member and/or hold an NRA classification.
- Possess correct firearm for chosen discipline.
- Have knowledge of, and adhere to, WAC rules.
- Be willing to put in the time for training and practice as needed to be competent in chosen discipline.
- Successfully completed Qualification requirements and approval from High Power Director.
- Remain active and participate in competition events. (Minimum 2 per year).
- Use of the competition range for any shooting from position requires that the HP range must be supervised by an approved High Power Rifle Competition Range Officer.
Anyone interested is urged to drop by the competition range and observe anytime. Everyone is welcome.